Workshop "Internet for Environmental Communication"
May 30-31, 1996
Organised by the International Society for Environmental Protection (ISEP) on behalf of Federal Ministry for Environment, Youth and Family and the Federal Environment Agency Vienna. The Workshop was attended by more than 40 environmental communication officers of governmental agencies and NGO services, coming from 20 European countries and Canada. The Workshop was a follow-up event of the Workshop "Environmental Communication Strategies", held in The Hague in September 1995.
The objectives of the workshop were
- to strengthen contacts among environmental information specialists
- to exchange ideas and experiences with respect to the Internet and available information resources
- to learn the latest techniques and systems employed on the Internet to make information available to target groups
- to explore information delivery systems under development by various information providers.
Single presentations dealt with the following main items:
- Eleanor Zazulak of the Canadian Treasury Board gave an overview on the development, experience and strategy of the Canadian Government with the use of the Internet.
- Jane Keys of Greenpeace demonstrated environmental Internet campaigning of NGOs , and
- Kevin Grose of the World Conservation Union showed the Internet as an information exchange tool within the IUCN.
About ISEP |
© International Society for Environmental Protection